Preparation for Colin's LEGO Birthday Party

I didn't want to run into the same time restriction as last year and started early this time. 



This year it is going to be a LEGO birthday party!


The internet is full of great ideas:

How To Throw The Ultimate LEGO Birthday Party

It's a good thing I started early. This LEGO character mold turned out to be a tough one to handle:



When I finally managed to get the cake out without breaking the guy's neck or leg, the gingerbread wasn't very yummy to eat :-(

Maybe focus on a LEGO mini figure that isn't edible. Also it isn't miniature. It's over 4 feet tall! I had it enlarged and printed at a print shop. I cut it out and traced the shape onto a sturdy cardboard.


At some point the blade chipped!



Next job: painting!



I thought it'd also be fun to have a photo booth. 
To make it look differently I dressed this one in real clothes.



I ordered some water bottle labels



Pretty!


There is a free LEGO font you can download. So I printed name stickers for the guests:


I used them for the invitations, too:


I was talking about the baking mold earlier. Ice cube / candy molds gave me much less grief. As an alternative we made our own lego mold, too for our gummy candy.




I used them to decorate the lemon sheet cake he took to school. Here's a baking hack I'd like to share: freeze lemon juice and zest, take out as many ice pieces as you need. Time saved!




I originally wanted to use make cupcakes, using Cupcake wrapper templates. but then I figured if I was going to stick LEGO men on top, they'd be more comfortable on a flat surface. Also I didn't have time for printing and cutting.

We put some gummy candy into miniature canning jars as party favors for our little guests. 


On this badge the kids can see what
Games they are going to do:


Create your own place mat

Build something that's on the list below:

A flag, a bottle of wine, the Eiffel Tower, a butterfly, a rainbow,
a suitcase, a candle, a T-Shirt, a pyramid





Estimate how many LEGO pieces are in the jar
Have your picture taken with the LEGO man
Participate in the scavenger hunt


The party is taking place tomorrow. Stay tuned for the fun!

You can read about it here.

Comments