Use Your words - Music Jeopardy

Today’s post is another writing challenge as well. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once, and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.


My words are: 

Vacation ~ Rain ~ Sister ~ Dog ~ Evil

They were submitted by 
Southern Belle Charm - thank you, Minette!

As I told you last week, I am on a prolonged vacation on the run with my 10 million - or what's left of it - and we are still on our way down Highway no. 1 to eventually settle down in America's finest city.



One morning Colin and I are having breakfast at Howard Hughes Entertainment Center when a nervous young guy approaches us. 




"I noticed you like music" he says. "Would you happen to be some kind of a music buff?"

Hahaha, he saw us playing Song Pop which plays a couple of seconds of a song, and you try to recognize it quicker than your opponent.

"The reason I'm asking is, I am in a bit of a plight. You see, I work for Sony Pictures Studios, over in Culver City, and one of our candidates for tonight's show can't make it. You could really help me out if you could take his place. We're recording a special Jeopardy on music from the 50s - 90s. What do you say?"

Oh, wow! Apart from the fact that it is probably not wise to show my face on TV, I would really love to do this. 



Half an hour later he sneaks me into their corporate makeup artist's salon. Of course, right? She did such a fabulous job, I can hardly recognize myself in the mirror.

Then it's time to start. 




80s for 100: 

In this song and movie, a short, blue blooded guy found himself in some pretty colorful precipitation.

Ha, I can't believe how easy they start, I hit the buzzer!

What is Purple Rain?

Correct.

Let's go back in time.

50s for 100:

Health trouble in this song: My temperature's rising, I got the rockin' pneumonia

What's Roll over Beethoven?

You got it.

80s for 200:  

These siblings want to make it happen tonight, but they may lose control

Who are the Pointer Sisters?

That's right.

Hey, I can do this, let's choose something harder!

60s for 500: 

You ain't never caught a rabbit, and you ain't no friend of mine.

Ouch. It sounds familiar, but it's hard when there is absolutely no melody. I don't even know if it's a guy or a girl singing.

What's Hound Dog?

My neighbor got it this time. 

70's for 400: 

Go-cart - Mozart, Anticyclone - Rolling Stone, this band would have loved to have some sunglasses.

Geez, I have no clue.

What is Blinded by the Light?

Oooohhh, I love this song! My opponent scored again.

70s for 500: 

After finding a fool lyin' in a daze, better get yourself on board of the very next train - too bad, though, that you ain't got no place left to go.

Hold on, I know this one… I can practically hear it...

What's Evil Woman?

Nice job!

On and on it goes. 



  • This Irish Band went to Sarajevo and Harlem, but they still haven't found what they were looking for
  • Those guys ended up someplace where the streets have no name, but they didn't know what they have done to deserve this.
  • Monday may be black or blue, but on this day of the week I'm in love!
I did really well and won enough money to take a vacation from my vacation. How lucky am I? See how you would do:

Play the whole game here!




Now go find out what my friends' words were, and what they did with them:


                                     


Baking In A Tornado 
Spatulas on Parade 
The Bergham Chronicles
The Momisodes
Stacy Sews and Schools
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo
Eileen’s Perpetually Busy  
Battered Hope
Southern Belle Charm
Someone Else's Genius
Confessions of a part time working mom 
Searching for Sanity
Climaxed
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy

Comments