A-Z Blogging Challenge 2016 - Epilog

And just like that, April and the A-Z Blogging Challenge are over! From Preview to today's post, this journey has been fabulous!

I have to say, for me the 2016 edition was so much better than last year's. 




One of the reasons was my unexpected trip, which gave me 
  • The subject for this challenge
  • A clear head and Inspiration
  • Uninterrupted chunks of time to write



Another reason was that I was much better prepared. 





  • I carried around a paper notebook in which I was collecting ideas whenever they hit me
  • I uploaded pictures every day so I didn't have to scratch them together in a frenzy
  • I wrote posts ahead, especially considering school spring break, meaning Colin and I would be on the go



If you don't know what the h*** I'm talking about, here goes: 

Throughout the month of April, a good 1,500 bloggers who signed up for the A-Z Blogging Challenge, were posting every day, using every letter of the alphabet. 

Yes, Q, X and Z, too!!!

Here are all of my posts. 

There's also a fancy Pinterest board containing every single of my A-Z posts

According to my stats 

were the most successful posts. I know I have my friends of this awesome little new group of Swiss Bloggers to thank for, especially Rachel at can't google everything who runs weekly and daily share parties!

As for me, I am most proud of my creative posts like


If you've got some time to spare, please head over, check them out and let me know what you think!

Also I would like to introduce you to some cool blogs of fellow A-Z writers I got to know this month:
  • With Love - Mandy & Justin spending Christmas and NYE in NYC, Paris and Germany
  • Guide to Finding Happiness - looks like they found happiness and stopped at F, though!
  • A Postcard a Day - I already met this lady last year. You wouldn't believe the postcards she's got(ten)
So, as I was saying, it was a good month! Super busy, but truly awesome!

Time to relax and celebrate, as one reader suggested.

Well, we did that Saturday night! Doris and I went out for dinner at Trattoria altes Landsgericht, 

We attended Angela @ Warm Wellness' class on how to use essential oils in everyday life:



Just as we got used to use our nose to sniff out all the different scents, we changed locations and went over to Urs @ Caveau Vino's wine tasting!




You know me, though. I am not going to sit on my butt. 

Here's a preview for May, I have posts in progress on:



There's probably going to be more as I go, so please follow my Facebook page, Pinterest account and / or Google+ profile and just drop in here often and give me some comment love! 

PS: Got some unpleasant news in the mail:





Comments