Top Ten Thursday - Famous People

Welcome to Top Ten Thursday!




Today we're talking about My Top Ten Famous People, (dead or alive, politicians, nobel prize winners, athletes, actors,...

The other day I found myself without wifi and I had a couple of minutes to spare, so I jotted down my list of awesome people. Guess what, I can't find that piece of paper now, so let's start over, shall we...




In no particular order:


  1. Princess Diana, because she's every little girl's role model: pretty, kind, got to marry the prince (never mind if all that glitters is not gold) I miss her as if she was a girlfriend of mine. 
  2. Tim Berners-Lee. I have never heard his name before, even though he's the smart guy who basically invented the world wide web, and that's pretty mentionable in my book.
  3. Roger Federer, our Swiss poster boy for all things sports and charity as well as a wonderful Dad to two sets of twins!
  4. Howard Schultz who built Starbucks one cup at a time and claimed back the operational leadership when he felt things got out of hand.
  5. Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King get to share this spot, I'm sure they wouldn't mind. We need more people like them who not only have a dream, but fight for it and go as far as to pay a gigantic price.
  6. Mother Teresa who dedicated her life to helping so many unfortunate souls ins this world.
  7. Ole Kirk Christiansen - another name I looked up. He found himself as a single Dad who wanted to make some toys for his kids. Did you know what he invented in the 1930s that is as popular as ever today? LEGO!
  8. Ludwig van Beethoven. Gotta admire a person who's deaf and still composes such wonderful music!
  9. Technically he's #99, the Great one, Mr Wayne Gretzky, ice hockey legend
  10. Number ten is blank for the time being. It's reserved for the person who will cure cancer. Any day now, right? Please?
How about you? Who would make your list?

Would you like to join us for next week's Top Ten Challenge? The theme is gonna be "the top ten things I'm good at" and it posts September 22.

Please sign up here or send me a message!

The prompt for September 29 is going to be "stop ten things that make my day".  (Sign up here


But wait! Don't leave just yet - visit my fellow Top Ten Bloggers and see what they came up with! The linky-tool is up, please use it to link up your post!




Comments