Water

October's theme is "water", now how will I be able to limit myself to only five pictures?


What a versatile prompt! Just like people, water comes in all shapes and sizes.

Let me take you on my trip. I was traveling with my family when the topic was revealed, so it was perfect!

I'll start with a "no name location" compared to the ones that are going to follow, but it was so breathtakingly beautiful, I just have to share it with you! I stumbled upon the Cowboy Grill Restaurant at the Red Cliff Lodge as I was googling for a dinner place in Moab, UT. It was a half an hour's drive from the town, and a gorgeous one at that, totally worth it!

This is a place I could imagine myself spending a couple of days relaxing, blogging, enjoying the view...

They even have their own winery - enough said!

PS: in case you're wondering... this is the Colorado River. We went to the Grand Canyon later, but since you can't actually see any water in those pictures, I didn't include one in this post!



Now unfortunately Ruby's Inn at Brye Canyon is way past this peaceful, cozy getaway atmosphere. It has become a mass-processing business. As we were in a long line for a pretty horrible dinner, hubby told me to run outside for "a nice view". Ohmigod, a double rainbow!!! That was a nice view indeed!!! No filter, just a phone picture, by the way! The next day we were hit by some thick fog which is a form of water, too. I'll spare you, though...


The water level at Hoover Dam is low, and some lakes that were visible on our car navigation system's map are dried-out. I am not a tree hugger, but this worries me.


When I read this month's prompt I new exactly that I was going to snap a picture of the water show at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I wasn't a fan of the music this time but you can't hear it anyway. Just imagine something nice, like Andrea Bocelli.


I consider La Jolla Cove in the San Diego area my power place. What's not to love, right? The seals are having a blast. Again, don't mind the smell - just enjoy at the picture ;-) Can you hear the crashing of the waves? How about the squeaky barking sounds of my friends?


Bonus picture.... What's a trip through the South West of the United States without a visit to San Francisco? Personally I think the best location to catch an absolutely stunning view of the Golden Gate Bridge is at Conzelman Road, Sausalito, CA. Parking is limited, so you'll have to circle like a hyena, but it's totally worth it!
We were playing with the panorama feature of the iPhone camera. Not bad, right?


For more pictures and stories about our road trip go here.

I hope you are having as much fun with this post as I am! Please check out the other posts here! 

Happy Halloween, friends! I'm glad I wrote and scheduled this post way in advance cause today I'm gonna be busy preparing for our party!

See you next month!

Comments