Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!
Today we're doing a top ten list of jobs we wouldn't mind doing, provided the necessary circumstances were right. I came up with the idea while I was waiting for hubby's car to be serviced. They gave me a voucher for the cafeteria where I was watching the chef getting ready for lunch rush, so here goes:
- Restaurant owner, of either an Italian full service place or a coffee shop.
- Psychologist because I rock at listening to people. Strangers tell me their life stores without even being prompted. I was gonna say "doctor" because they heal people, but sometimes they don't. Would I be able to give patients an incurable cancer diagnosis? Plus having had a baby was about all the bodily fluids I could handle. So Shrink it is. Lie down on my couch and tell me what's on your mind!
- Language teacher. In fact I used to tutor this high school girl who sucked at French. After two years she graduated with a B. As it turned out she became a teacher herself! I'd love to take some credit for that!
- Baker. I love to bake in my own kitchen, I have no idea whether I would be able to handle huge quantities, but one can learn, right?
- Party Planner. See above. I do it for my family and friends, I might do it for paying strangers? I'm talking birthdays, Halloween and the like. Not weddings. Ooooohh nooo! Too much pressure. Also I am not a wedding girl. I never had this dream of what my dress was gonna look like, in fact I would have been perfectly happy to get married in jeans or sweat pants.
- Something in Training and Development. Assessment Center Specialist. Observing and analysing people's behavior. I actually did that for potential apprentices. It was so interesting, and I think I made a great choice with the candidate I later hired.
- Hotel Receptionist. At the Del, for example. Be the first impression of what is going to be an unforgettable experience!
- Shopping Mall manager. The one who oversees what kind of retail, entertainment and F&B gets a spot, who walks through the stores and gets inspired for future activities. I could pull this off, pretty sure about that!
- Travel agent. If I can't go to all those places myself, at least let my clients do so!
- Product Manager for Michael's (crafts and baking supplies), I'd love to be responsible for the St. Patrick's Day category!
This list makes me want to go to work right now!!
How about you, what jobs are on your list? Let me know in the comments down below or link up your own post.
October 19 you'll get an excuse to
waste spend time browsing Pinterest for stuff that looks cute but you'll never actually do at home. Or maybe you will? Baking, crafts, DIY repurposing, travel, what will your top ten picks be? This way for the sign-up.
The week after, October 26, I can't help myself, I want to go for another Halloween themed post even though we listed our top ten things last year. So this year why don't we narrow it down to the top ten candy we used to love as kids (or still do today?) Sign up here.