December Secret Subject Swap - Three Wishes

Welcome to December's Secret Subject Swap. Again 13 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  

Sit back, grab a cup and check them all out:





Baking In A Tornado
Not that Sarah Michelle





My subject is 
             


A magical elf named Cookie comes to visit you. You're at the top of this year's Nice People list. They've been granted permission to give you any three items you want. It has to be tangible, so no world peace or cancer cure. What three items do you ask for?!



It was submitted by The Bergham’s Life Chronicles thank you, Jules!

Oh, dear Cookie, you're too generous! I've been asked to reveal my wishes twice already  this year:
  1. If you could have anything you want for your birthday what is it and why?
  2. You see a shooting star. What do you wish?
I purchased my dream car, had the opportunity to attend my friend's wedding in Seattle in spring, and we've been traveling from Denver to San Francisco this fall, I recently splurged on some authentic UGG boots - I don't feel I need or want more material stuff for myself, even though I love nice stuff.
  • May I wish for a decent president for the USA? Probably not. You said "world peace" is not in the cards.
  • More time to explore and write? Time is the one thing you can't buy or store. 
  • Health and food for everybody who needs it? Too close to curing cancer, which was a no as well. 
Darn, this is hard!



As I sit at this wonderfully decorated Starbucks while Colin is enjoying his playdate at his hockey buddy's house, I have one hour to come up with an idea for this post because for the rest of the week I'm booked solid. 

Here goes:
  1. Please load my SBUX card for life. As usual I will not use it for myself exclusively (except when I'm writing. I can't have company, otherwise I won't get anything done!) but buy coffee and treats for family and friends.
  2. If there is such a thing as a travel card that allows to board any plane to any destination at any time and check into a hotel of my choice - this is what I would like! 
  3. Lastly I'd like to build a new house. There is of course nothing not much wrong with our current one, except it's not very well planned. Sorry, architects, but I think you could have done a better job. There is one built-in closet. ONE! It's at the entrance hall so it is our broom closet / purse and crafts supplies storage. On the second floor almost every wall is slanted which makes for a cozy ski cabin feel, but you can't get any large cabinets in, and you know we need room to store our stuff! Also we have no guest room, so we can't have people over night. So what I would love is to build a large new house from scratch that incorporates practical needs and design desires. It'd look like the one I talked about here. Have I mentioned I'd like this house to be in La Jolla, CA? Pretty please, dear Elf? 
There you go, I have used my three wishes! Thank you for letting me day-dream about these fabulous big ticket items!

Now I'm wondering: what would you ask for??? Let me know down below!

Don't forget to check out my blogger friends' posts!

PS: if you're a regular you know that there was some magical force assigning me this prompt. We have in fact an Elf (on the Shelf) called Cookie. She's with us during the holidays, and we love her dearly. So thank you very much, Jules and Karen, for sending her here!



Comments